On this page, you will find volunteer opportunities from local agencies that we support through our Mission Outreach Budget.
Donations are being accepted to help those affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria. Funds received will be forwarded to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance. Mark "Hurricanes" on the memo line and make checks payable to First Presbyterian Church of Delray Beach.
A.C.T. (Actively Changing Tomorrow) is an initiative to engage members of all ages of our congregation in community projects. These take place throughout the year after church services or on Saturday mornings. Projects include decorating boxes for our "Thanksgiving in a Box" ministry, wrapping shoe boxes of the Back to Basics Angel Program, sorting bottle caps for our Caps of Love mission, as well as gleaning crops in local fields.
Our children make Hygiene Kits for The Caring Kitchen. If you have unopened travel size items (shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss, soap, etc.) that you would like to donate, put them in the collection basket in the Narthex.
The Caring Kitchen in Delray Beach is in need of volunteers.
- Traffic Director - 11:15 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. (direct cars to proper parking areas during peak meal times).
- Shut In Meal Drivers - 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday or Wednesday (background check and driver check mandatory).
- Weekday Van Drivers - 4 hours one day a week (make regularly scheduled stop and random pick-ups. Must pass driver background check).
- Weekly Office Volunteer - once weekly (complete thank you letters, etc., must know Excel).
- Meal Preparation and Serving - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (preparing lunch, serving, and clean up).
- Clothing Boutique Volunteer - 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (sorting, folding, and labeling donations of clothing).
Family Promise of South Palm Beach County is in need of volunteer van drivers for afternoon shifts to transport Family Promise guests: Drive a 15-passenger van from Day Center in Delray Beach to church and/or synagogue in Delray Beach and/or Boca Raton.
Monday through Sunday (5 p.m.-6 p.m.) and Saturday and Sunday (8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.). Volunteer must have a good driving record.
Contact Marchele Courtney
The Caring Kitchen is in need of the following clothing items:
- Men's pants / jeans (especially size 32-34)
- Work boots
- Men's underwear
- Women's underwear
- Women's bras
- Men's and Women's tennis shoes
Prayerfully consider volunteer opportunities to help families who want to be restored to productive members of the community.
Dinner hosts provide dinner for up to 14 people. They arrive at the host congregation at 5:30 p.m. and leave at 7 p.m.
Volunteers greet the families and provide hospitality. They arrive at the host congregation at 6 p.m. and leave at 7:30 p.m.
Two volunteers stay overnight with the families. They arrive at 7:30 p.m. and leave at 6 a.m.
Day Center volunteers provide office support and companionship for the families with children.
Schedules are flexible. If you would like to volunteer or you would like more information about Family Promise, contact Marchele Courtney.